NCDAVE: Electronic Birth Registration (EBRS)
The North Carolina Office of Vital Records is excited to announce that we will go live statewide with a new Electronic Birth Registration System (EBRS) application as part of the North Carolina Database Application for Vital Events (NCDAVE) system. The new EBRS will transition the current electronic birth registration system to a faster, more secure, web-based birth registration application.
Birth registration using the current system will be discontinued when the new EBRS application goes live. The current system is being discontinued due to support reaching end of life for specific browsers and underlying technologies.
Benefits of NCDAVE/EBRS for those Responsible for Completing Birth Certificates
- Users will be able to register birth certificates faster and more securely.
- Web-based: Use any computer with internet access.
- Increased security: Sign certificates with a unique electronic signature.
- Built-in error checking: Increases accuracy of birth certificate information.
- Online collaboration for complete and accurate data and quick certification.
- Improved disease tracking for public health purposes.
- Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Training will be offered in both in-person and virtual formats. You should receive additional communication when training is available. Look out for follow-up emails informing you of available upcoming training times and other updates.
Last Modified: March 9, 2023