Skip To Main Content

NC Vital Records: Forms

forms icon

The forms listed below are in PDF format. You will need a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, to use them and save copies to your machine. Note that not all web browsers handle opening of PDF files in the same manner. If you have problems opening the form from your web browser, try downloading or saving the document to your computer first (right-click on the link and select "Save link as") and then opening the saved document on your machine from within your PDF reader (i.e., File > Open).


Birth certificates issued after adoptions occur follow a different process and use different forms than regular birth certificate orders. See the adoptions page for process and forms.

Birth Certificates (and Delayed Birth Certificates)

Death Certificates

Divorce Certificates

Marriage Certificates

Changes to Birth or Death Certificates

  • For changes requested for birth and death certificates, see the Changes/Amendments page for process instructions and the applicable form.
  • For marriage certificate changes, contact the county register of deeds where the marriage license was issued.
  • For divorce certificate changes, contact the county clerk of court where the divorce was filed.

Report of Fetal Death and/or Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth


Last Modified: March 21, 2023